- In the Sky
- English Speaking Guide
- Suitable with Children
- Transportation included
Having grown up in a region in Europe where a lot of hot air balloons take off and land, this mode of transportation has a special place in my heart. So when I had the chance to book a hot air balloon ride over Chiang Mai, I jumped at the chance. Northern Thailand is incredible and what better way to explore it than from above?
From all methods of flying, hot air balloon stand out as the most gentle one, where you simply let the breeze take you where it wants you to go. Our experienced navigators know exactly how to use the different winds on different altitudes to navigate the skies over Chiang Mai. Watching the sun rise over the Kingdom of Thailand from above is an incredible sight.
ABOUT BALLOONING IN CHIANG MAI
- Ideal Flying Period All year round, but the perfect season is from mid-November to mid-March. as this is the most pleasant time with the highest average of cloud-free days.
- Flying Time A normal flight will take off at around 6.40 am and last for about an hour. The flight duration may vary, because a landing sites has to be spotted by your pilot.
- Capacity Balloon Adventure Thailand has various sizes of balloons for groups of passengers between 4 to 6.
- Flight Altitude Your balloon will fly at an altitude of approx. 150-600 meters (500 – 2000ft), as this is the best height to see all details on the ground for truly breathtaking views.
- Passenger requirements Any passenger in good health and children not smaller than 140cm are welcome to join a hot air balloon ride.
- Safety Legally, a hot air balloon is a flying aircraft. As such, Balloon Adventure Thailand has received approval for commercial flights and Standard Certification by the Department of Civil Aviation Thailand. Balloon Adventure Thailand only flies with very experienced and licensed pilots who logged hundreds of hours flying passengers in hot air balloons already.
To make your flight as enjoyable as possible, we kindly recommend you observe the following:
- Wear suitable clothing that will protect you from the heat of the balloon’s hot air and the sun. Wear suitable shoes (no flip flops).
- Do not forget a hat and sunglasses.
- Bring along your video camera and/or binoculars.
- Please wake-up early and be at the meeting point in time as a courtesy to other passengers.
- A balloon flight can not be delayed because of late arrivals! Meteorological circumstances like the thermals gradually building up, the pilots are forced to take off and land on time!
- A smile and getting to know your fellow passengers is the perfect way to ensure you are going to share an “unforgettable experience in the air”.
- Balloon Flight Certificate